Definition of Israelite in English:
1A member of the ancient Hebrew nation, especially in the period from the Exodus to the Babylonian Captivity (circa 12th to 6th centuries bc).
- The Temple of the ancient Israelites is the original Hebrew expression of pagan consciousness.
- The Hebrew Bible written by the ancient Israelites, was adopted by the Early Christians.
- Unlike their exodus over four centuries later, the Israelites ' entry into Egypt was under very favorable circumstances.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Israelites.
- Donald Senior stated it nicely in his article ‘Between Two Worlds: Gentile and Israelite Christians in Matthew's Gospel.’
- The same can be said of Israelite tradition.
- Zechariah spoke in a world dominated by traditional Israelite enemies.
Words that rhyme with Israeliteelectrolyte • corallite
Definition of Israelite in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.