- Italian in character or appearance: an Italianate staircase with triple loggiaMore example sentences
- Their interpretations ooze with the music's Italianate nature, and the elegance and grace they convey is exceptional.
- As its fresco-like nature suggests, much of the finished painting appears Italianate in conception.
- Unfortunately, Guleghina can't muster their Italianate style, and her portrayal has less character than those mentioned above.
late 16th century: from Italian italianato, from Italia 'Italy'.
More definitions of ItalianateDefinition of Italianate in:
- The US English dictionary