Definition of Ivorian in English:
Relating to Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) or its people.
- Cowan says the high prices have so far been good for Ivorian farmers, despite the problems brought about by the fighting.
- It's estimated 26 percent of Ivorian residents are of immigrant origin.
- Under the peace pact, known as the Marcoussis accord, that article was to be amended to allow for either parent to be Ivorian born.
nounBack to top
A native or inhabitant of Côte d’Ivoire.
- We are all Ivorians, but Ivory Coast is suffering because of just one man.
- But the heavy lifting has to be done by the Ivorians and the Ivorian leaders themselves.
- So far 60 Ivorians have been killed, more than 1,200 injured and 5,000 fled to Liberia.
Definition of Ivorian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.