Definition of Ivorian in English:
Relating to Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) or its people.
- Cowan says the high prices have so far been good for Ivorian farmers, despite the problems brought about by the fighting.
- It's estimated 26 percent of Ivorian residents are of immigrant origin.
- Under the peace pact, known as the Marcoussis accord, that article was to be amended to allow for either parent to be Ivorian born.
nounBack to top
A native or inhabitant of Côte d’Ivoire.
- We are all Ivorians, but Ivory Coast is suffering because of just one man.
- But the heavy lifting has to be done by the Ivorians and the Ivorian leaders themselves.
- So far 60 Ivorians have been killed, more than 1,200 injured and 5,000 fled to Liberia.
Definition of Ivorian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan