- A group of long-established universities in the eastern US having high academic and social prestige. It includes Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Columbia.More example sentences
- Yale University set an Ivy League record by accepting only 8.6 percent of its 21,099 applicants.
- The financial reward for academic activities is enormous, as children who get into the ‘right’ preschool can go on to top-class primary and secondary schools, and hopefully an Ivy League university.
- A lot of Koreans dream about sending their kids to an Ivy League University, so what better preparation, they think, is there than a North American high school?
1930s: with reference to the ivy traditionally growing over the walls of the university buildings .
More definitions of Ivy LeagueDefinition of Ivy League in:
- The US English dictionary