Definition of Jacobian in English:
Relating to the work of the mathematician K. G. J. Jacobi.
- He showed how to find integrals of a general system of partial differential equations by using sequential complete systems instead of passing to Jacobian systems.
- Göpel… finally, after ingenious calculations, obtained the result that the quotients of two theta functions are solutions of the Jacobian problem for p = 2.
- In order to calculate the inverse Jacobian matrix, we need the following derivatives of the functional response [F.sub.ki] (for all values of k and i).
nounBack to top
A determinant whose constituents are the derivatives of a number of functions (u, v, w, ...) with respect to each of the same number of variables (x, y, z, ...).
- Therefore, the determinants of the set of variable transformations (Jacobians) must be calculated for both states involved: the original and the new one, to properly weigh up each new configuration.
- He also worked on determinants and studied the functional determinant now called the Jacobian.
- These problems form the basis of a conjecture: every elliptic curve defined over the rational field is a factor of the Jacobian of a modular function field.
Definition of Jacobian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India