noun[mass noun] • informal
- A blend of Japanese and English, either Japanese speech that makes liberal use of English expressions or unidiomatic English spoken by a Japanese person: in Japan it’s fashionable to give shops names in Japlish [as modifier]: Japlish wordsMore example sentences
- The article also notes the fascinating rise of hybrid languages such as Spanglish (Spanish / English) Englog (Tagalog / English), and Japlish (Japanese / English).
- This seems to be particularly the case in Japlish, where the ludicrously overblown and frankly grammatically terrible English slogans can make sense if translated back into Japanese.
- One of the great homes of Japlish are slogan T-shirts.
More definitions of JaplishDefinition of Japlish in:
- The US English dictionary