- A rare one-horned rhinoceros that is now confined to the lowland rainforests of Java.
More example sentences
- Rhinoceros sondaicus, family Rhinocerotidae
- Some of the most endangered species in the world are the rhinos, particularly the white and Javan rhinoceroses.
- Like the closely related larger Indian Rhinoceros, the Javan rhinoceros has only a single horn.
- The Javan rhinoceros is often called the rarest large mammal on earth and perhaps the most endangered.
More definitions of Javan rhinocerosDefinition of Javan rhinoceros in:
- The US English dictionary