nounNorth American • trademark
- A hydraulic apparatus used to pry apart the wreckage of crashed vehicles in order to free people trapped inside.More example sentences
- West Vancouver Fire and Rescue firefighters used the Jaws of Life to cut the dump truck driver out of the cab in about 10 minutes.
- Firemen, using the Jaws of Life, were required to cut the injured man from the wreckage of his car.
- During emergencies, when a few wasted seconds can cost lives, the Jaws of Life are brought in to remove victims from the crashed vehicle.
More definitions of Jaws of LifeDefinition of Jaws of Life in:
- The US English dictionary