- 1.1 [as exclamation] (also jumping Jehoshaphat) A mild expletive: Jehoshaphat! That would be ghastly[probably a euphemism for Jesus]More example sentences
- Yes, as a youngster I heard a few strange exclamations too from an elderly aunt, ones like ‘jumping Jehoshaphat’ and ‘karumba’ or something to that effect.
- The closest Mom comes to swearing is saying "shoot," "darn," "Jiminey," or "Jumping Jehoshaphat."
- Yeah, but its an old British saying/exclamation of surprise that the Third Doctor would use, usually "Jumping Jehoshaphat" would be the version used.
More definitions of JehoshaphatDefinition of Jehoshaphat in:
- The US English dictionary