- A small lyre-shaped musical instrument held between the teeth and struck with a finger. It can produce only one note, but harmonics are sounded by the player altering the shape of the mouth cavity.More example sentences
- They used leaves, Jew's harps, harmonicas, and violins to create a ‘fair razz-a-ma-tazz.’
- No furniture, no clothing, no jewelry, and only one musical instrument, a Jew's harp, were found.
- Playing the accordion, violin, Jew's harp and the zither, a harp-like instrument laid flat on a table, these East Europeans brought Inglewood alive.
More definitions of Jew's harpDefinition of Jew's harp in:
- The US English dictionary