(also Johannisberg Riesling)
- 1The chief variety of the Riesling wine grape, originating in Germany and widely grown in California and elsewhere.More example sentences
- For example, I now know that Johannisberg Rieslings are a pretty safe bet for my limited palette.
- Late harvest Johannisberg Rieslings are very sweet, and make excellent dessert wines.
- Several different grape varieties include Riesling in their name, including the Johannisbergs or White Rieslings of California.
- 1.1 [mass noun] A white wine made from the Johannisberg grape.More example sentences
- True Riesling wine is sometimes hard to identify because it is sold as both Johannisberg Riesling and White Riesling in North America.
- He bought a bottle of 2003 Robert Mondavi Private Selection Johannisberg Riesling.
- It was suggested that the only American Riesling worth drinking is the Johannisberg variety, so I was pleased that was the one that Ian kindly left us in our fridge.
from the name of a castle and village on the Rhine, Germany, where it was originally produced.
More definitions of JohannisbergDefinition of Johannisberg in:
- The US English dictionary