- A form of chronic enteritis in cattle and sheep, caused by a mycobacterium.More example sentences
- Producers advocated extending the dairy price program and developing better methods to assess Johne's disease in U.S. cattle.
- In 1901, a Scottish surgeon postulated that the disease he observed in the human intestine might be the same as Johne's disease in cattle.
- Some industry officials postulate that Johne's disease may be linked to a human intestinal disorder in called Crohn's disease.
early 20th century: named after Heinrich A. Johne (1839–1910), German veterinary surgeon.
More definitions of Johne's diseaseDefinition of Johne's disease in:
- The US English dictionary