nounNorth American • informal , • dated
- A person who is at hand whenever needed: he appears to have become the financial Johnny-on-the-spot for Mr MeeseMore example sentences
- The FDA is not exactly known as a Johnny-on-the-spot agency.
- Interior designers come to you not only to buy what you've got, but because of what you can put together… You have to be Johnny-on-the-spot.
- Archuleta jarred the ball loose, and fellow S Kim Herring was Johnny-on-the-spot, picking up the loose ball and rambling to the endzone for a 10-0 lead.
More definitions of Johnny-on-the-spotDefinition of Johnny-on-the-spot in:
- The US English dictionary