- An electrical device in which two superconducting metals are separated by a thin layer of insulator, across which an electric current may flow in the absence of a potential difference. The current may be made to oscillate in proportion to an applied potential difference.More example sentences
- If MgB2 does have the properties Cardwell suggests, it could be used to improve microwave devices and Josephson junctions, effectively superconducting transistors.
- The gap between the two superconducting layers in a Josephson junction is called the ‘weak link’.
- The work reported in Science creates qubits from superconducting circuit elements called Josephson junctions.
1960s: named after Brian D. Josephson (born 1940), British physicist.
More definitions of Josephson junctionDefinition of Josephson junction in:
- The US English dictionary