- 1Relating to or denoting the second period of the Mesozoic era, between the Triassic and Cretaceous periods.More example sentences
- Striated fault planes exposed in Mesozoic limestones and Triassic / Jurassic volcanic rocks delineate the surface trace of the fault.
- The thickness of the Jurassic and Cretaceous cover sediments is relatively thin and the Variscan was the last major erogenic event to have affected the region.
- Of the three Triassic and Jurassic fossiliferous formations, no angular fragments were found from the shell beds.
The Jurassic lasted from about 208 to 146 million years ago. Large reptiles, including the largest known dinosaurs, were dominant on both land and sea. Ammonites were abundant, and the first birds (including Archaeopteryx) appeared
mid 19th century: from French jurassique; named after the Jura Mountains (see Jura1).
More definitions of JurassicDefinition of Jurassic in:
- The US English dictionary