- (In the UK) a lay magistrate appointed to hear minor cases, grant licences, etc., in a town, county, or other local district.More example sentences
- The finding by the Justice of the Peace that the arresting officers had acted in the lawful execution of their duty was simply a finding, in effect, that there was no evidence they were not.
- Absent the consent of the deceased or his next-of-kin, it would require a coroner's warrant or a warrant of a Justice of the Peace to obtain and analyze body fluids of a deceased.
- On the record before me, I find no evidence that suggests that the Justice of the Peace would not discharge her function as a trial judge fairly and impartially.
More definitions of Justice of the PeaceDefinition of Justice of the Peace in:
- The US English dictionary