Either of two South African plants with strap-like leaves and stems bearing a number of red, pink, or orange flowers:
- ● A plant with star-shaped flowers (Schizostylis coccinea, family Iridaceae). ● another term for clivia
More example sentences
- Try N. bowdenii, which produces clusters of pretty pink flowers, or the Schizostylis (Kaffir lily), an elegant South African plant with clumps of narrow, sword-shaped leaves and dainty flowers which are good for cutting.
- These eye-catching kaffir lilies provide vertical interest and a late splash of colour when many summer flowers are coming to a close.
- I've two long patches of kaffir lilies consisting of three varieties.
Definition of Kaffir lily in:
- The US English dictionary