- A SE Asian citrus tree whose fragrant leaves are used in Thai and Indonesian cooking.
Citrus hystrix, family RutaceaeMore example sentences
- But the salmon was overcooked, and the dish failed to sing, its aromatic filaments of kaffir lime leaf notwithstanding.
- The name kaffir lime derives from Asia rather than South Africa, perhaps from Indian Muslims who encountered the fruit as an import from Thailand and Sri Lanka, where non-Muslims predominated.
- Magrood, also known as kaffir lime, is a citrus tree grown in Southeast Asia for its flavorful leaves and the peel of its fruit.
More definitions of Kaffir limeDefinition of Kaffir lime in:
- The US English dictionary