- 1.1 [as mass noun] (karoo) South African Semi-desert land like that of the Karoo.More example sentences
- The vulture also prefers open spaces, foraging over grassland, thornbush, macchia, karoo, desert, and other sparsely vegetated regions, while it avoids large forested areas.
- In the succulent karoo, a desert habitat, males are permanently associated with social groups containing several communally breeding females and share their territory with these females.
- The warm waters of the Indian Ocean are way down on your right, a verdant, forested mountain range to your left, separating the route from the karoo - the dry, almost treeless land of the interior.
from Khoikhoi, literally 'hard, dry'.
More definitions of KarooDefinition of Karoo in:
- The US English dictionary