- An annual horse race for three-year-olds at Louisville, Kentucky. First held in 1875, it is the oldest horse race in the US.More example sentences
- In Tony James, a feisty two-year-old, Brittain believes he has the makings of a Kentucky Derby horse for Tony Richards, who owned Bold Arrangement.
- Mr. Stronach thought this was a perfect situation to acquire the breeding rights to a fantastic horse - a Kentucky Derby winner - who is an outcross for the Northern Dancer and Mr. Prospector lines.
- Arden preferred to buy thoroughbred horses, and had a Kentucky Derby winner in 1947.
More definitions of Kentucky DerbyDefinition of Kentucky Derby in:
- The US English dictionary