- Three theorems describing orbital motion. The first law states that planets move in elliptical orbits with the sun at one focus. The second states that the radius vector of a planet sweeps out equal areas in equal times. The third law relates the distances of the planets from the sun to their orbital periods.More example sentences
- He therefore accepted Kepler's theory of elliptical orbits for the planets and tested Kepler's laws by direct observation.
- The second of Kepler's laws suffered an even worse fate in being essentially ignored by scientists for around 80 years.
- Dembski's anti-extrapolationism seems a lot like saying that, while Kepler's laws might hold on any given day, they don't hold over whole years.
More definitions of Kepler's lawsDefinition of Kepler's laws in:
- The US English dictionary