- (in the UK) in the reign of a king, the term for Queen's Bench.More example sentences
- The case, in the end, turned on the unavailability, so it was thought by the King's Bench, of prohibition, where the order had already been carried into effect by confirmation by his Majesty the King.
- In the later eighteenth century, Lord Mansfield, Scottish-born Lord Chief Justice of the English Court of King's Bench, can even be said to have developed this form of oversight.
- In sum, confronted with two pornographic works, the King's Bench punished the forgiving one and forgave the punitive one.
More definitions of King's BenchDefinition of King's Bench in:
- The US English dictionary