noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A drink made from dry white wine and cassis.More example sentences
- This is a crisp, fresh, white wine from the Cassis Region in France, not to be confused with the more common blackcurrant liqueur, from the same area, that is often added to white wine or champagne to make Kir.
- I decided against a bottle of wine as Mother had already drained her Kir with some speed and had begun to confuse her spoonerisms with her malapropisms.
- Compared with Il Trovatore, this was like a perky glass of Kir beside a great brooding pint of Guinness.
1960s: named after Canon Félix Kir (1876–1968), a mayor of Dijon who is said to have invented the recipe.
More definitions of KirDefinition of Kir in:
- The US English dictionary