Definition of Klingon in English:
1A member of a warlike humanoid alien species in the US television series Star Trek and its derivatives and sequels.
- For that matter, in all episodes of the original series, Klingons are portrayed as swarthy looking humans wearing black clothing.
- Today Star Trek has updated the look so as to make Klingons more menacing.
- It is the brainchild of Marc Okrand, who invented a complete language, with its own vocabulary, grammar, and usage to make the Klingons sound, well, more alien.
2 [mass noun] The language of the Klingons.
- Oh and apparently he can speak fluent Klingon… so I am told at least.
- Like Klingon or Esperanto, cyber-English can only be understood by those who use it, which means it's mostly techno-geeks and hardcore online chatters trying to impress each other.
- County research has shown that Klingon has gone from being a fictional tongue to what many people - and not just fans - consider a complete language, with its own grammar, syntax and vocabulary.
1960s: invented name.
Definition of Klingon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan