- An Indic language that is the main language of Goa and adjacent parts of Maharashtra, with about 5 million speakers. Also called Goanese (see Goa).More example sentences
- It is a pleasant amalgam of Persian, Arabic, Marathi, and Hindustani with Konkani as its base.
- He had steeled himself for a conversation in English and was delighted when I broke into Portuguese and Konkani.
- When we tell them why, they nod good-naturedly and talk to the rest, and laugh gently at Katherine's weak attempts at Konkani.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Konkani.More example sentences
- Would one coin a decipherable Konkani equivalent for a medical term as simple as sinusitis?
- The first Konkani book to be translated into English, The Upheaval deals with the collapse of an agrarian society that lived by myths and unspoken rules.
- He has translated a few Konkani works into Malayalam.
from Marathi and Hindi koṅkaṇī, from Sanskrit koṅkaṇa 'Konkan' (a coastal region of western India).
More definitions of KonkaniDefinition of Konkani in:
- The US English dictionary