Definition of Krautrock in English:
An experimental style of rock music associated with German groups of the 1970s, characterized by improvisation and strong, hypnotic rhythms.
- I've always had a passion for a wide range of music from garage and Krautrock to hip hop and early electro.
- For hardcore Krautrock fans, this was a rare glimpse at the man who fronted Can during their classic, early '70s period.
- Each innovative, far-flung album such as Vuelvaland's ambient textures intertwined with techno beats, dub, and Krautrock.
- Example sentences
- ‘Happiness’ mixes drum & bass with the soundtrack to some obscure 60's spy flick, ‘Befriend The Friendless Friends’ ushers in some music hall action, and ‘Avantcore’ samples original Krautrockers Can.
- Though the out-there space rock of Tago Mago is generally regarded as these Krautrockers' apex, this calm-after-the-storm follow-up sounds far less like an artifact of its time.
- The real impetus behind the ‘interstellar’ explorations of the Krautrockers was a desire for freedom - chiefly musical freedom, although given the postwar German climate, a political subtext certainly played a role.
Definition of Krautrock in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan