Definition of Krautrock in English:
An experimental style of rock music associated with German groups of the 1970s, characterized by improvisation and strong, hypnotic rhythms.
- I've always had a passion for a wide range of music from garage and Krautrock to hip hop and early electro.
- For hardcore Krautrock fans, this was a rare glimpse at the man who fronted Can during their classic, early '70s period.
- Each innovative, far-flung album such as Vuelvaland's ambient textures intertwined with techno beats, dub, and Krautrock.
- Example sentences
- ‘Happiness’ mixes drum & bass with the soundtrack to some obscure 60's spy flick, ‘Befriend The Friendless Friends’ ushers in some music hall action, and ‘Avantcore’ samples original Krautrockers Can.
- Though the out-there space rock of Tago Mago is generally regarded as these Krautrockers' apex, this calm-after-the-storm follow-up sounds far less like an artifact of its time.
- The real impetus behind the ‘interstellar’ explorations of the Krautrockers was a desire for freedom - chiefly musical freedom, although given the postwar German climate, a political subtext certainly played a role.
Definition of Krautrock in:
- US English dictionary