- German civilization and culture (sometimes used in a derogatory sense to suggest elements of racism, authoritarianism, or militarism).More example sentences
- Such a challenge to German Kultur and administration sharpened German nationalism and began to transform it from a cosmopolitan into an exclusive kind.
- The image of the German musician as a gifted and attractive man who knew how to express his feelings became a symbol for Germany's ubiquitous and attractive Kultur.
- The authentic Kultur of the German people was surely to be preferred to the artificial Civilization of a cosmopolitan, materialistic French-speaking elite.
German, from Latin cultura or French culture (see culture).
More definitions of KulturDefinition of Kultur in:
- The US English dictionary