- Relating to a major branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, spoken from Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) to Nigeria and including Igbo and Yoruba.More example sentences
- Formerly considered as a Kwa language, recent research has placed Ibo in the Benue-Congo family of languages.
- Serialization, for instance, has been attributed to substratum from the African languages, particularly the Kwa group.
- The Kwa group of languages, spoken by 75 percent of the population of Ghana, is generally spoken in the southern part of the country.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
the name in Kwa.
More definitions of KwaDefinition of Kwa in:
- The US English dictionary