- A secular festival observed by many African Americans from 26 December to 1 January as a celebration of their cultural heritage and traditional values.More example sentences
- If your family observes Kwanzaa, ask if you can have a friend over to learn about the rituals.
- On Christmas morning we go into the living room and gather around the Kwanzaa set we put out the night before.
- Do you really want a giant Kwanzaa candelabra at City Hall this December?
from Kiswahili matunda ya kwanza, literally 'first fruits (of the harvest)', from kwanza 'first'.
More definitions of KwanzaaDefinition of Kwanzaa in:
- The US English dictionary