A low-growing northern shrub of the heather family, with fragrant leathery evergreen leaves which are sometimes used locally in Canada as a tea substitute.
- Genus Ledum, family Ericaceae
More example sentences
- The young leaves of Labrador tea become infected in the fall; look for evidence of the orange fungus and powdery orange spores on the leaves.
- Wet loving plants start to appear on the terraces that alternate with short dry slopes: cotton grass mixed with Labrador teas, mouse eared chickweed, dried avens.
- Shade-intolerant and often found on moist to wet soils, Labrador tea is common on open peatland dominated by sphagnum moss and in open-canopy coniferous forests.
Definition of Labrador tea in:
- The US English dictionary