- A supposed relationship between economic activity and the rate of taxation which suggests that there is an optimum tax rate which maximizes tax revenue.More example sentences
- The theory of supply side economics and the Laffer curve drove federal marginal tax rates from 91% in 1963 down to 28% when Ronald Reagan left office.
- Changes in tax rates shift the Laffer curves of competing tax jurisdictions.
- Another area where the 1990s have proved supportive of progressive economics concerns supply-side economics and the Laffer curve.
1970s: named after Arthur Laffer (born 1942), American economist.
More definitions of Laffer curveDefinition of Laffer curve in:
- The US English dictionary