- An order of mammals that comprises the hares, rabbits, and pikas. They are distinguished by the possession of double incisor teeth, and were formerly placed with the rodents.More example sentences
- Euarchontoglires is composed of the orders Primates, Rodentia, Lagomorpha (rabbits, hares, and pikas), Scandentia (tree shrews), and Dermoptera (flying lemurs).
- In addition, PAG-like genes have been found in the genomes of mammals belonging to a number of different orders (Carnivora, Lagomorpha, Perissodactyla, and Rodentia), but not in the human genome.
- Rabbits, hares, and a few other species make up the Lagomorpha.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek lagōs 'hare' + morphē 'form'.
More definitions of LagomorphaDefinition of Lagomorpha in:
- The US English dictionary