- A terrier of a small stocky breed originating in the Lake District.More example sentences
- 1968 Lakeland terrier Ch. Stingray of Derryabah becomes the first dog to win Best In Show at Westminster after winning the same award at Crufts, Westminster's London counterpart.
- Jim's other dog, Milly, a two-year-old Lakeland terrier, is nonplussed by Robbie's antics, probably thinking he is barking and pays no attention to the carpet, preferring to have a nap while Jim sips his pint.
- One day Davies went to visit his lodgers, and Ruby, their Lakeland terrier, gazed up at him imploringly, then relieved herself mightily on the kitchen floor.
More definitions of Lakeland terrierDefinition of Lakeland terrier in:
- The US English dictionary