Definition of Lambrusco in English:
1.1A sparkling red wine made from the Lambrusco grape.
- Classic tinned wines included Liebfraumilch, Hock, Lambrusco, anything sweet and feminine and not likely to taste foul after being stored in an aluminium container for several months.
- It's funny, but over there no one has heard of the horrible sweet Lambrusco we drink in the UK.
- ‘White with chicken and red with beef’ may have steered your parents safely through a torrential sea of Lambrusco and Liebfraumilch, but that just doesn't cut it anymore.
1.2A red or white wine resembling Lambrusco, produced outside North Italy.
- Valdadige, a long stretch of the Adige river, including a part of the Alto Adige and a north western chunk of the Veneto, is the DOC for predominantly a red blend of Schiava and Lambrusco and a white blend of various international varieties.
- Then, the very next morning, there's a report in the paper from a so-called health expert explaining how even a sip of Lambrusco every three weeks can be risky.
- I wanted to purchase a crisp, dry Lambrusco, but I've been thwarted.
Italian, literally 'grape of the wild vine'.
Words that rhyme with LambruscoCuzco
Definition of Lambrusco in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan