Definition of Lappish in English:
Relating to the Lapps (Sami) or their language.
- I'm beginning to flag by now, but we still have our Lappish ceremony to go.
- The client, the municipality of Karasjok, initially asked for a building in Lappish style when they commissioned Bjerk & Bjorge.
- The first night's catch of perch, grayling and pike turn up as an aperitif, variously salted, cured and smoked, and served with endless glasses of ice-cold Lappish vodka.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
The Lapp language.
- Finnish and Lappish - the language of Finland's small Lapp minority - both are Finno-Ugric languages and are in the Uralic rather than the Indo-European family.
- The fact that he's wrong (at least for classical Greek) shouldn't harm it - maybe he's right about forgiveness in Lappish or Tibetan or Pottawatomi.
- The languages spoken in this area are the Germanic languages Norwegian, Danish, and Swedish and the Finno-Ugric languages Lappish and Finnish.
Words that rhyme with Lappishsnappish
Definition of Lappish in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan