- trademark for mefloquine.More example sentences
- Recent bad publicity about the side-effects of Lariam, which contains mefloquine, has meant that some people are now unwilling to take it, even though it is the most effective drug to combat malaria strains endemic in many countries.
- One popular suspect is Lariam, a popular antimalarial drug generally marketed as Larium in Europe, that has been cited in a spate of lawsuits.
- The FDA now requires that patients be warned that some people taking Lariam experience paranoia, severe anxiety, depression, hallucinations or suicidal thoughts.
1980s: probably from partial rearrangement of malaria.
More definitions of LariamDefinition of Lariam in:
- The US English dictionary