- The use of Latin style or words of Latin origin: a standard complaint was its excessive LatinityMore example sentences
- This suggests, among other things, that the global dominance of modern English does not somehow repeat an early-modern global Latinity.
- The bishop was compelled by pontifical authority to desist from this wicked labor, and Latinity did not recover until the Renaissance.
- Saints were by definition postclassical, hagiography postclassical and barbarous, often characterized by ‘poor’ (by classical standards) Latinity and crude miracles.
More definitions of LatinityDefinition of Latinity in:
- The US English dictionary