noun (plural same or Lepchas)
- 1A member of a people living mainly in mountain valleys in Sikkim, western Bhutan, and parts of Nepal and West Bengal.More example sentences
- Sikkim's original inhabitants, the Lepchas, are believed to have settled there from Mongolia.
- Bhutias, Lepchas and Nepalese are the original Sikkimese but now you will find there a number of other tribes and groups.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Lepcha or their language.More example sentences
- An ethnographic study was commissioned to study the project's impacts on North Sikkim and on the Lepcha community, the original inhabitants of Sikkim with a distinct cultural and traditional community life.
from Nepali lāpche.
More definitions of LepchaDefinition of Lepcha in:
- The US English dictionary