chiefly • archaic
- Relating to the Levant or eastern Mediterranean: the Levantine coastMore example sentences
- In the 1600s and 1700s, the Druze were the most powerful community on the Levantine coast.
- Most notable is the distinction between the Levantine coast and the inland region of Syria, which is marked just east of Aleppo where the agricultural plain meets the desert.
- This essay has detailed the various agendas in Levantine historiographies as related to the sultana's career.
nounBack to top
- A person who lives in or comes from the Levant.More example sentences
- Furthermore, the patterns can be associated with specific contexts of use and consumption that suggest the Levantines knew and understood what these elements signified.
More definitions of LevantineDefinition of Levantine in:
- The US English dictionary