noun & adjective
- former term for Ukrainian.More example sentences
- Not everybody is put off by their outrageous prices, but when the puppies grow up they turn out to be not of pedigree blood, but ordinary Little-Russian mongrels.
- Similarly, Russian and Ukrainian novosely distinguished themselves vis-a-vis one another as ‘Great Russians’ versus ‘Little Russians’ or as ‘Muscovites’ versus ‘Khokhly.’
- ‘Ukrainian’ was considered a fake nationality under the Czars, when they were referred to as ‘Little Russians’ (as opposed to the ‘Great Russians’ of Muscovy).
More definitions of Little RussianDefinition of Little Russian in:
- The US English dictionary