- 1A native of Liverpool.More example sentences
- He laughs off the suggestion that United fans might not take kindly to the jibe and, on behalf of his fellow Liverpudlians, points out ‘We get called a lot worse than that!’
- Still, these photographs taken at the declining coastal resort of New Brighton, a favourite holiday destination for Liverpudlians, are the Parr shots that everyone knows.
- Midlanders were particularly attracted to the South West, Liverpudlians and Mancunians to Wales and Londoners to the South Coast or theme parks in the Home Counties.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The dialect or accent of people from Liverpool: she answered in nasal LiverpudlianMore example sentences
- The regional accent, be it Doric or downtown Liverpudlian, has always been associated with authenticity.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Liverpool: a Liverpudlian accentMore example sentences
- One of the conmen is between 20 and 30, was fairly well spoken with a possible Liverpudlian accent, of average build, around 5ft 9in, with wavy blond hair.
- They believe one was Asian and another spoke with a Liverpudlian accent.
- You don't hear many Liverpudlian accents on TV, at least not in a position of authority.
More definitions of LiverpudlianDefinition of Liverpudlian in:
- The US English dictionary