Definition of Liverpudlian in English:
1A native of Liverpool.
- He laughs off the suggestion that United fans might not take kindly to the jibe and, on behalf of his fellow Liverpudlians, points out ‘We get called a lot worse than that!’
- Still, these photographs taken at the declining coastal resort of New Brighton, a favourite holiday destination for Liverpudlians, are the Parr shots that everyone knows.
- Midlanders were particularly attracted to the South West, Liverpudlians and Mancunians to Wales and Londoners to the South Coast or theme parks in the Home Counties.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Liverpool: a Liverpudlian accent
More example sentences
- One of the conmen is between 20 and 30, was fairly well spoken with a possible Liverpudlian accent, of average build, around 5ft 9in, with wavy blond hair.
- They believe one was Asian and another spoke with a Liverpudlian accent.
- You don't hear many Liverpudlian accents on TV, at least not in a position of authority.
Definition of Liverpudlian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.