- another term for FitzGerald contraction.More example sentences
- George FitzGerald was a brilliant mathematical physicist who today is known by most scientists as one of the proposers of the FitzGerald - Lorentz contraction in the theory of relativity.
- If this is correct, then presumably the combination of Newtonian mechanics with the Lorentz contraction would yield predictions in circumstances in which special relativity would remain mute.
- The paper discusses the problem of the Lorentz contraction in accelerated systems, in the context of the special theory of relativity.
More definitions of Lorentz contractionDefinition of Lorentz contraction in:
- The US English dictionary