- A vernacular language spoken in much of northern Germany, more closely related to Dutch than to standard German. Also called Plattdeutsch.More example sentences
- He noted that all the speakers of Low German he had interviewed for his study all were age 60 or older.
- Modern Low German is most closely related to High German, Frisian and the Anglo-Saxon ancestor of Modern English.
- As mentioned before Low German is used in the region north of Benrath line.
More definitions of Low GermanDefinition of Low German in:
- The US English dictionary