Definition of Luba in English:
noun (plural same or Lubas)
1A member of a people living mainly in SE Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire).
- Masks, on the other hand, have been less important to the Bakongo than to other people, such as the Luba.
- You're right: if it's true it's a reversal of the motivation among the Luba.
- But, he continues, according to Nkoya oral sources, their migration into Zambia from what is now Zaire was led by a female ruler Lbupe, a Luba, from an area around the Lualaba river before the rise of the Luba-Lunda kingdom of Mwatiamvwa.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Luba or their language.
- All these peoples consist of a mixture of local populations known as either Kete or Bindi, on the one hand, and Luba immigrants from Katanga, on the other.
- Yes, he knows how to make objects in the Lega, Songye and Luba styles.
- He does, however, cite the chief ‘Kosch’ of the ‘Koschi’ as one of the great Luba chiefs.
a local name.
Definition of Luba in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan