Definition of Luba in English:
noun (plural same or Lubas)
1A member of a people living mainly in SE Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire).
- Masks, on the other hand, have been less important to the Bakongo than to other people, such as the Luba.
- You're right: if it's true it's a reversal of the motivation among the Luba.
- But, he continues, according to Nkoya oral sources, their migration into Zambia from what is now Zaire was led by a female ruler Lbupe, a Luba, from an area around the Lualaba river before the rise of the Luba-Lunda kingdom of Mwatiamvwa.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Luba or their language.
- All these peoples consist of a mixture of local populations known as either Kete or Bindi, on the one hand, and Luba immigrants from Katanga, on the other.
- Yes, he knows how to make objects in the Lega, Songye and Luba styles.
- He does, however, cite the chief ‘Kosch’ of the ‘Koschi’ as one of the great Luba chiefs.
A local name.
Definition of Luba in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.