- 1A variety of white grape used for making wine, developed as a cross between the Sylvaner and the Riesling vines.More example sentences
- Müller-Thurgau grapes produce smooth, low-acid, medium-sweet white wines with a hint of Muscat character.
- The Müller-Thurgau, or Rivaner, is the second most widely planted grape in Germany and accounts for about a fifth of the total vineyard area.
- 1.1A wine made from the Müller-Thurgau grape.More example sentences
- Before Posert arrived at Chateau Benoit, most all of the Müller-Thurgau bottled there was consumed in Oregon.
- Quick to mature, Müller-Thurgau is not interested in collecting dust in your cellar: drink while still young.
- In order to honour Müller-Thurgau in the way we think it deserves it, we have organised the International Müller-Thurgau Competition for the third time this year.
named after Hermann Müller (1850–1927), Swiss viniculturist + Thurgau, the name of the Swiss canton where he was born.