Definition of Malayalam in English:
A Dravidian language spoken in the southern Indian state of Kerala by about 35 million people. It is closely related to Tamil.
- Rao can speak Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi with relative ease.
- Despite being a Telugu, she says her most satisfying numbers came in other languages like Tamil and Malayalam.
- She will render a selection of her hits in Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Malayalam or its speakers.
- Real-life Poornima is miles away from the sad-faced women she has portrayed in Malayalam serials.
- But the focus of the celebration would be an exhibition of Malayalam books.
- This time, the Malayalam film industry also ensured its representation at the World Cup cricket bonanza.
Early 19th century: from Malayalam, from mala (Tamil malai) 'mountain' + āḷ 'man'.
Words that rhyme with MalayalamHaarlem, Harlem, slalom
Definition of Malayalam in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan