- A Dravidian language spoken in the southern Indian state of Kerala by about 35 million people. It is closely related to Tamil.More example sentences
- Rao can speak Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi with relative ease.
- Despite being a Telugu, she says her most satisfying numbers came in other languages like Tamil and Malayalam.
- She will render a selection of her hits in Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Malayalam or its speakers.More example sentences
- Real-life Poornima is miles away from the sad-faced women she has portrayed in Malayalam serials.
- But the focus of the celebration would be an exhibition of Malayalam books.
- This time, the Malayalam film industry also ensured its representation at the World Cup cricket bonanza.
early 19th century: from Malayalam, from mala (Tamil malai) 'mountain' + āḷ 'man'.
More definitions of MalayalamDefinition of Malayalam in:
- The US English dictionary