Definition of Malayalam in English:
A Dravidian language spoken in the southern Indian state of Kerala by about 35 million people. It is closely related to Tamil.
- Rao can speak Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi with relative ease.
- Despite being a Telugu, she says her most satisfying numbers came in other languages like Tamil and Malayalam.
- She will render a selection of her hits in Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Malayalam or its speakers.
- Real-life Poornima is miles away from the sad-faced women she has portrayed in Malayalam serials.
- But the focus of the celebration would be an exhibition of Malayalam books.
- This time, the Malayalam film industry also ensured its representation at the World Cup cricket bonanza.
Early 19th century: from Malayalam, from mala (Tamil malai) 'mountain' + āḷ 'man'.
Words that rhyme with MalayalamHaarlem, Harlem, slalom
Definition of Malayalam in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.