- another term for Malay.More example sentences
- The different races in Malaya think of themselves primarily as Malays, Chinese or Indians and only secondarily, if at all, as Malayans.
- The secret lies in the pure harmony among Malayans, despite the various ethnic groups, cultures and religions.
- For the ordinary Malayans on Aug 31, it was a holiday.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Malays, the Malay language, or Malaya (now part of Malaysia).More example sentences
- The most successful example of the ‘oil-spot’ strategy, in his view, was the British campaign against Malayan insurgents in the 1950s.
- Yamashita's Malayan campaign, culminating in the fall of Singapore in February 1942, made him a national hero.
- It had been thought that the Malayan tapir is usually solitary, except for a female with young.
More definitions of MalayanDefinition of Malayan in:
- The US English dictionary