Definition of Malbec in English:
1A variety of dark wine grape native to the Bordeaux region of France.
- Red grape varieties dominate the region, but Malbec is the most widely planted and Argentina's finest grape varietal.
- On 15 acres, they have seven Bourdeaux varietals, including Merlots, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- For the same growing conditions, Riesling, Petit Verdot, Malbec, and Viognier had a high similar C value.
1.1A red wine made from the Malbec grape.
- When it comes to drinking, Alan admits this 2004 Crios de Susana Balbo Rosé of Malbec is nothing to be ashamed about either.
- This puts our Gewürzt production on a par with hard-to-find NZ wines like Reichensteiner, Pinotage and Malbec.
- Interestingly enough, when I was in Sainsbury's this afternoon, I found a cheap Argentinian Malbec from the Mendoza region.
French malbec, malbeck, of unknown origin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.