nounZoology & Anatomy
- A layer in the epidermis in which skin cells are continually formed by division.More example sentences
- The strata basale and spinosum are also referred to as the Malpighian layer.
- Following these early changes, the cells of the Malpighian layer become swollen and vacuolated.
- Among the Malpighian layer is another type of cell called melanocyte which produces a chemical called melanin.
More definitions of Malpighian layerDefinition of Malpighian layer in:
- The US English dictionary