- A cross with arms of equal length which broaden from the centre and have their ends indented in a shallow V-shape.More example sentences
- In Allegory of the Faith alone, a pattern of what can be read as white Maltese crosses, each made from five tiles, is set on a black background.
- The + signs in the decorative line below the title are Maltese crosses in the original.
- The Prince of Scandanavia, a sleek 22,578-gross-register-ton ship with a white Maltese cross in a blue circle emblazoned on her impressive funnel, was ready for boarding both passengers and vehicles.
so named because the cross was formerly worn by the Knights Hospitaller, who were based in Malta 1530–1798.
More definitions of Maltese crossDefinition of Maltese cross in:
- The US English dictionary